Qantas Wine Crystal Cruises Competition 2019
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 2 May 2019 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 31 May 2019 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are Australian residents, aged 18 years or older who purchase an eligible product online via Qantas Wine ( and are available for travel during the major prize travel period, see clause 16 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must purchase any product available through qantaswine.com between 12.01am (AEST) on 2 May 2019 and 11:59pm (AEST) on 31 May 2019. Qantas will not process deliveries to certain locations in the Northern Territory or Queensland which may prohibit or restrict the possession or transportation of alcohol. For a list of excluded delivery locations, see https://nt.gov.au/law/alcohol/where-you-cant-drink-in-the-NT/list-of-restricted-areas and https: //www.datsip.qld.gov.au/programs-initiatives/community-alcohol-limits.
6. Eligible Entrants will get one entry into the draw for every product purchased (inclusive of wine, spirit, beer and food categories). Eligible Entrants will receive three entries into the draw if they are a Qantas Wine Premium member at the time of purchasing from Qantas Wine.
7. Entries are based on products purchased, not number of transactions, for example if an Eligible Entrant purchases 6 cases in one transaction, they will receive 6 entries in the draw.
8. Multiple entries are permitted.
9. Any products purchased during the Promotion Period that are cancelled or returned will not be eligible to receive an entry into the draw.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
11. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the purchase is made.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
13. There will be one major prize draw. The draw will take place at MDSA, Level 2, 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
The Major Prize draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEST) on 12 June 2019 as per the following:
Entry Period Start Date 12:01am AEST
Entry Period End Date 11:59pm AEST
Winners Announced online
Announced in The Australian
Major Prize draw
14. The result of the draws are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. There will be a maximum of one major prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$63,591 with values based on the recommended retail value and exchange rate as at 8 March 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
16. The first eligible entry drawn will win the Major Prize. The Major Prize consists of:
Flights for two people including:
- Qantas Airways return Economy Class flights from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City to Sydney (if the winner is a NSW resident this element of the Major Prize will be forfeited, and no compensation will be given or paid in lieu).
- Qantas Airways one way Business Class flight from Singapore to Sydney.
- Prize includes all airport, airline and government associated taxes.
Transfers for two people including:
- Transfer between Sydney airport and Overseas Passenger terminal in Sydney (if the winner is a NSW resident this element of the Major Prize will be forfeited, and no compensation will be given or paid in lieu).
- Transfer between Singapore Cruise Center and Singapore Airport.
17 day twin share accommodation for two people onboard Crystal Serenity Voyage travelling from Sydney to Singapore, departing 3 March 2020 cruising the coast of Australia to Airlie Beach, Cairns, Darwin, cruising the Timor Sea stopping at Komodo Island & Bali, with Singapore as the final destination. Cruise inclusions are:
- Twin share for 2 guests in a Penthouse Suite with veranda.
- All inclusive meals on-board the 7 available dining restaurants plus:
- 1 dinner for 2 guests at Nobu restaurant.
- All inclusive on-board beverages including fine wine, Champagne, premium spirits and all non-alcoholic beverages excluding the Connoisseur list.
- On board US$500 credit to use.
- 24-hour room service.
- Gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi/Internet access.
- Enrichment workshop series featuring lectures by renowned authors, ambassadors, celebrities and destination experts.
- Fitness programs including yoga, golf instruction and mat Pilates.
a) The Major Prize is for the winner and their guest (the guest must be 18 years of age or older). Prize travel flights and transfers must be booked by 30 September 2019. The main prize cruise must be taken as scheduled departing Sydney 3 March 2020 and arriving back in Singapore 20 March 2020. All travel including flights must be completed by 30 September 2020 (Travel Period). The Major Prize winner and their guest may extend their trip at their own expense. All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with airlines. Block out periods along with all other special event periods may apply to flight bookings.
b) Flight from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City airport to Sydney, from Singapore to Sydney and then to the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City are on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited only. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking.
c) Accommodation and flights for the Major Prize winner and guest are not upgradable. Qantas Wine is not responsible for additional accommodation costs including hotel damages caused by the Major Prize winner or companion, room service and incidentals.
17. The Major Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Major Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
18.The Major Prize winner must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of the Major Prize. The Major Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
19. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or transfer bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
20. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21. Major Prize: The winner will be notified by phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 18 June 2019 for a period of 28 days, announced in The Australian newspaper on 20 June 2019 and on Qantas Wine social media channels.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 18 July 2019 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 26 July 2019 at 2.00pm (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 31 July 2019 for a period of 28 days and they will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 1 August 2019.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/32930, ACT Permit No. TP19/02928 & SA Licence SA Licence No.T19/375.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with (where applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or any other social media website (unless otherwise specified), and that any questions comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to (as applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other social media website
The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol in moderation. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines. A full version of the guidelines is available at: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. Participation in the promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State or Territory, including responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au. Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736.