Qantas epiQure Dreamliner Competition 2018
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 21 February 2018 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 25 March 2018 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are Australian residents (excluding Northern Territory residents), aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must purchase any product available through qantasepiqure.com.au.
6. Eligible Entrants will get one entry into the draw for every product purchased (inclusive of wine, spirit and food categories). Eligible Entrants will get three entries into the draw if they purchase any wine products (6 bottles and dozens) from a range of 13 suppliers including: Voyager Estate, Credaro, Byron & Harold, Willoughby Park, Hay Shed Hill, Nannup Estate, Plantagenet, Ironcloud, Woodlands Estate, Vasse Felix, Ferngrove, West Cape Howe and Cape Mentelle.
7. Entries are based on products purchased, not number of transactions, for example if an Eligible Entrant purchases 6 cases in one transaction, they will receive 6 entries.
8. Multiple entries are permitted.
9. Any products purchased during the Promotion Period that are cancelled or returned will not be eligible to receive an entry into the draw.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
11. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the purchase is made.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
13. There will be one draw. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on 12 April 2018 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
14. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. There will be one Major Prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$30,000 based on the recommended retail value and exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
16. The first eligible entry drawn will win the Major Prize. The Major Prize consists of:
Competition prize detail
Flights for two including:
Prize includes all airport, airline and government associated taxes.
Return private car transfers from airport to accommodation transfer in London, Edinburgh and Perth.
9 nights’ accommodation for two including:
Tours and experiences including:
AU$1000 spending money (paid as a cheque or direct deposit approximately 1 month prior to travel)
a) The Major Prize is for the winner and their guest (the guest must be 18 years of age or older). Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 September 2018. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 20 June 2019 (Travel Period). The Major Prize winner and their guest may extend their trip at their own expense. All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partners. Block out periods include from 10 December 2018 until 25 January 2019 along with all other special event periods.
b) Return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City airport to Perth, from Perth to London and London to the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City are on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited only. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking. The Major Prize winner may choose to fly direct from their nearest Australian capital city to London rather than flying via Perth. This option is only valid for flights of equal or lesser value than the original flight and the winner will forfeit the opportunity to fly on the Boeing 787 Qantas Dreamliner.
c) Accommodation and flights for the Major Prize winner and guest are not upgradable. Qantas epiQure is not responsible for additional accommodation costs including hotel damages caused by the Major Prize winner or companion, room service and incidentals.
17. The Major Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Major Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
18.The Major Prize winner must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of the Major Prize. The Major Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
19. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
20. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21. The winner will be notified by phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published on qantasepiqure.com.au/competition from 17 April 2017 for a period of 28 days and will be announced in The Australian newspaper on19 April 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 12 July 2018 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 26 July 2018 at 10.00am (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantasepiqure.com.au/competition from 31 July 2018 for a period of 28 days and they will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 2 August 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/21061, ACT Permit No. TP17/02690 & SA Licence No.T18/18
The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol in moderation. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines. A full version of the guidelines is available at: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/health-topics/alcohol-guidelines. Participation in the promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State or Territory, including responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au
Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736